- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Ajwain
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 24 corn Tortillas
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Green Chilli, chopped
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken
- 1½ cups shredded Cheese
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Coriander-Avocado Cream
1. In a 2 ½- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, frequently stir onion in olive oil until onion begins to brown, 4 to 7 minutes.
2. Add cumin seeds and ajwain; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add chillies, tomato paste, vinegar, and ½ cup water; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring often, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and stir until hot.
4. Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer in a 12- by 17-inch pan. Sprinkle equal portions of cheese on each chip and spoon about 1 tbsp chicken mixture on top.
5. Bake in a 450° regular or convection oven until cheese begins to bubble, about 3 minutes. With a spatula, carefully transfer tortilla chips to a platter.
6. Top each with 1 tsp Coriander-Avocado Cream and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve warm.
7. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup finely diced firm-ripe avocado, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, 2 tsp lime juice, and 2 tsp milk.
8. Add salt to taste. Makes about ½ cup.
Tip: Before roasting a chicken store in the refrigerator for 24 hours for richer flavor.