- 1 cup mashed Potatoes
- ¼ cup chopped Onion
- 6 Big Bread slices
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Mango powder
- 1 Green Chilli, chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli powder
- Vegetable oil as required
1. Mix mashed potatoes, chopped onion, green chilli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, mango powder, fenugreek leaves and salt. Knead to make a smooth dough.
2. Divide this mixture into 6 equal parts.
3. Soak bread slice in water and then squeeze out the water by pressing the bread slice (flat) between the palms.
4. Take one part of the potato mixture and put it in the centre of the bread slice and seal all its edges. Gently roll it between your palms to give it an elongated shape. Ensure that the potato mixture is completely covered with the bread slice.
5. Similarly make all the six bread rolls.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan on high. Reduce the heat.
7. Deep fry the bread rolls until golden brown. Serve hot with chutney or chilli sauce.
Tip: To allow free flow of sauce from a sauce bottle to a pourer, insert a drinking straw half way, into the bottle and hold it there lightly with one hand while pouring with the other.