Blog(s)ville Gist Interview Fridays 04/09/2009

Hello lovely people of blogsville....TGIF......this friday we have a very gorgeous lady, her blog intro reads 'WHATEVER...WHEREVER...WHENEVER...ON MY MIND,SERVED TO YOU IN A LOUBOUTIN SHOE BOX!'.....y'all can tell she's addicted to shoes by now...lol. Ladies and gentlemen KEMBERLY

1) Thanks for taking out the time for this interview

You're absolutely welcome!


2)You haven't been regular here on blogsville, anything in particular that is keeping you away from your blog??

I try to be regular. I really do! Lets just say I didn't realize what I was getting into when I started blogging. I've been irregular for various reasons. Sometimes it's when things in my personal life get out of hand that I take breaks. I can't imagine my self coming on my blog being all cheerful and happy when I'm really not. In my last post, I said I was going to start doing those makeup tutorials. That's the reason why I'm "away" now. Being a perfectionist, I won't put anything out there that's not 100%. I already recorded two tutorials but the video quality was so poor and I refuse to put that out there! So while I figure out how to make things better, I'm taking a break because I don't think anybody wants to see anything else other than the video tutorials right now!


3)Your blog is not anonymous..how do you deal with your male admirers? I quote a particular comment
''Anonymous said...
Jesu Kristi.. Kemberly, I have been stalking u for the last 1 year and I have decided to finally come out of my closet. U are so beautiful....u are sooo hooot. hmmmmmm.. i'm thinking''......lol so pls tell us how you handle peeps like this.


My goodness! How do I deal really?! I don't know? It's really flattering...I guess? Those kind of comments make me laugh. I just say thank you and keep it moving. You see, comments like that I don't mind, it's the HATE MAIL that really gets me. That's the reason why I started moderating comments on my blog. I was getting a lot of random and unnecessary comments. Now do I sit there and respond to every last one of my detractors or do I just ignore them and keep it moving? I chose the latter.

4)When and why did you decide to start a blog??

My blog really came about on a whim! Prior to starting my blog, I would always go on other blogs and I loved how they could just write whatever was on their mind and there was a whole community of people who would sit, analyze and comment on what the person said/wrote. I thought that was really cool and one Saturday last year, I was sitting with my friends and I just started writing my first post! Just like that! I didn't tell them until I was done.

5)From time to time you give advice on make up for the ladies, is this something you do professionally also

I have been doing it "unprofessionally" for a while now. I know makeup and beauty is something I have a natural passion for. So after being constantly harassed by the people closest to me, I've now decided to do it professionally! I've been taking classes, trying to explore and expand my craft. I'm really excited about this though, you know I always say "Love what you do and do what you love", that way, you'll never "work" a day in you life!

6)From your pictures and videos, you always seem so put together all the time, hair, make up, clothes always on point, tell us, how do you do it?? I'm sure there are a few people that want to learn from you


Thanks! You know what? It really is an innate tendency for me to be all put together like that. Honestly, it may seem like I put a lot of thought into it, but it comes so naturally for me to always be "on point". I've been asked so many times if I ever have "off" days and I say NO! Lol. You wouldn't believe that it takes more of an effort for me to look "shabby" so I just don't! For me there's no other way. I always tell people that a lady is seen a thousand times before she's heard once, so you have to do all the talking with your image. If you always have that at the back of your mind, you'll never walk out of the house looking nothing less than "fabulous" ever again! Lol.

7)What would you define as 'style'


I think style is what you make of it. Fashion and style are two different things. A fashionable person is someone who is up on all the trends. A stylish person however is someone who can get it for the long run. Your style is your way of life. From the way you dress to your mannerisms, it all makes up your style.

8)You seem obsessed with shoes...hope u don't mind sharing, how many pairs of shoes do you own??


Gosh! I don't know! Lol! Hundreds! Thousands! Just kidding! But I don't know for sure. I have 4 shoe closets filled with shoes and this summer, I put two full suitcases of just SHOES in storage to create more space! So I really don't even know.

9)Would you consider yourself a 'fashionista'


Hell YES! I love all aspects of fashion. Especially the movies! The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City, Confessions of a Shopaholic! I love them all!

10)Looks like you're on your way to stardom....promise us here on blogsville that you won't desert us when that time comes


Awww... Thanks! Don't worry! I never forget my roots! Trust!

11)Have you met any particular bloggers in person??


Seeing that all of you are "anonymous" NO! Just kidding! I know the "4 Aces" personally. They're good friends of mine. I also met "Bombchell in Atlanta" she's fabulous! I also know "3rd World Professional" we've known each other since we were kids! I think that's about all...hope I'm not leaving anyone out :/

12)If you could go on a date with any male blogger, who would you pick and why??


Hmmm...I think it would have to be "RocNaija". Gosh! Who wouldn't! I would love to just sit there and listen to all his wild tales!

13)Tell us about your blogging experience so far

Blogging has opened A LOT of doors from me. For something that started out as "something-to-do-for-fun", it sure has transformed my life! A lot of projects I'm working on now are as a result of people reading my blog! It's amazing to meet people and they go "Oh my God! You're Kemberly". I'm like wow! I didn't know people read my blog like that! I get fan mail from all over the world! It really humbles me to be appreciated by people I don't even know.

14) Finally anything in particular you want to say to your readers??


I just want to thank all my readers for sticking with me. I know things have been a bit irregular lately, but it's all for a good reason. I'm trying to expand and do things that will make the "Kemberly" experience so much better for everybody. I'm really thankful to all of you, you are the reason I do what I do! And like I always say, "only do that which makes YOU truly happy!"

15)Thanks once again for taking out the time for this.


It's over already :(. Lol! Thanks for interviewing me!

There you have it......hope y'all enjoy reading this as much as i enjoyed interviewing her....until i come your way next week....Have a lovely weekend

JUICEEGAL SIGNING OUT