Kaona Grill

Ever since I started this blog I have been a regular customer at Kaona Grill. I've always dined there every time I have an urge for grilled food and nice ambiance. Since my first visit at Kaona grill, the place has had some improvements and renovations. I especially like what they did on their open garden. Even though it is located right at the center of one of the busiest streets in Cebu you still get to experience some quite and relaxing ambiance inside except when they have a band playing.



What keeps me from returning there often is there food and great ambiance. I am really picky on dishes and I don't mind paying more as long as it is worth the price. I also don't expect much from dishes that are affordable especially on the presentation department. Anyway what really matters is the taste of the dishes and the uniqueness of the flavor of the dish.

Adobong Kangkong - P58.00
Sisig with egg - P130.00

Whenever I decide to dine their my usual order would be the adobong kangkong, sisig and pork belly. These three dishes are found at most filipino restaurants and there is nothing extra ordinary with these three dishes. I usually order these since these are the dishes which are familiar to me.

Tuna Belly Kinilaw - P110.00

The other dishes that I commonly order are the sizzling gambas and the tuna belly kinilaw. I love kinilaw so this is also a staple on my order list. The only problem with the kinilaw is, the last time I dined there the tuna belly was still frozen. The inside of part of the diced fish had some ice in it. This ruined the dish a bit.

Crispy Kare-Kare - P275.00
On my last visit, one thing I noticed in their new menu was the Crispy kare kare. Although I am not a big fan of kare-kare I was curious what the dish tasted like. The dish was basically lechon kawali topped with kare-kare sauce. I am not sure if this is suitable to every ones taste but I think the dish was ok.

Pineapple Slush - P40.00

As for their service, the food is usually served within 15-20 mins depending on the number of customers. Ambiance of the place is great. The price is a bit higher compared to the other neighboring grills on the area but they also have a wider array of dishes on their menu. Kaona grill is located at corner of AS Fortuna Street and Hernan Cortes St.