Chinese New Year NoodlesIngredients
- 1 package KA-ME Lo Mein Noodles
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry oil (International Collection)
- 8 ounces skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced against the grain
- ¼ cup soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 6 ounces snow peas, bok choy leaves or broccoli florets
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 8 shiitake mushrooms caps, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 ounce ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (International Collection)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook noodles in boiling water until tender yet firm, about 3 – 5 minutes.
Drain. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil over high heat.
Stir-fry chicken with 1 tablespoon soy sauce until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Set chicken aside.
Add 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil to the skillet and cook vegetables until just tender, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Add remaining stir-fry oil to the skillet and stir-fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add noodles, chicken and vegetables.
Toss well and season with remaining soy sauce and sesame oil.
Add black pepper to taste and toss until heated through. Serve hot, garnished with scallions.
(Makes 2 – 4 servings)