Dynasty Stuffed PeppersIngredients
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) Dynasty Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked Nishiki or Botan Rice, cooled
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dynasty Plum Sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut tops off peppers and discard.
Remove seeds, cut in half and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine beef, water chestnuts, tomato paste, rice, garlic, plum sauce, soy sauce and egg. Mix well. Place 6 pepper halves in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Scoop ½ cup of beef mixture into each Pepper.
Cover and bake for 45 – 60 minutes, or until meat is fully cooked. Top each pepper with a slice of Swiss cheese and bake for an additional 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
(Makes 6 servings)